Black Screen on iOS (Construct 3 project)

• Cocoon Version:

• Basic description of the problem:
    After Cocoon loading screen, see only black screen on iOS

• Device info:
    iPhone 7, iOS 11.2.5

• Steps will reproduce the problem:

1. Upload project
  2. Compile for iOS
  3. Run on iPhone
  • Expected result:
    Hello World screen

• Error log

• Testcase:
    Hello World app from Construct 3:

• Other information:
    Any other information that you feel is relevant

• Webview engine(s):
    Tried all of them

• Used plugins (if relevant):

• Framework/game engine (if relevant):
    Construct 3

have you tried to run it in the cocoon developer app? There you can access the error log.

I do not have construct 3 yet, but when, I’ll finish my guide for it. So far, you find some information here.

The error that I get in the log from the cocoon developer app:

JavaScript Exception (Line: 10889 Tag: ‘timer’): TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating ‘window[“cordova”][“file”][“applicationDirectory”]’)

Can you send a list of your used plugins / behaviors in your construct 2 project?
This seems to be a problem of an unsupported addon.

I do not have any add ons. This error occurs with a completely new/blank Construct 3 project.

Ok. Thanks for the update. Last time I used C3 it was in beta and the game worked with cocoon. Maybe an update has changed that. I do not own a C3 license at the moment, so I only can guess.

• Have you checked “minify script” at the export options?
  • For what platform have you epxorted your project, cordova?

I posted this issue with the Construct 3 developers as well.

Here’s what they said:

“looking at the error message it looks like it’s not including cordova-plugin-file, which is required for the runtime to work. It’s always specified in config.xml so maybe Cocoon isn’t reading that file.”

That’s easy to try, just open your project at cocoon, go to settings and select Plugins. Then go to “Core” and install the “File” plugin.

I have installed the plugin as you mentioned, and I am now getting a new error, “Error fetching data.js”. Any ideas?

Now that’s the same issue I’m facing at the moment, but with Construct 2.
This only seems to happen with “WebView+”, “Canvas+” is working fine.

For this, I do not have a solution at the moment. @Blue_Sialia any idea what this can cause?
It’s working fine in Canvas+ and at the cocoon version 2.1.0