Cocoon 2.2.0. sound error construct 2

Thanks for the update, maybe it’s a issue in my project.
What Construct 2 version do you use?

2.1.0 is ok sound playing ok

I’m using construct 2 version: r252

Is there a fix for this scheduled any time soon?

I’m having issues with 2.1.0 & the latest. I am using C2 252 and not getting any sound

Hi Andy,

Did you ever discover the reason it wasn’t working with the rolled back version for yourself?

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Sorry to bump. It just seems that some people have found work arounds for this problem yet I can’t seem to get the same results.

Any updates or work arounds people could share?

Thanks

I personally only have the sound problems on a specific cocoon project. For my other project sounds are working fine while using 2.2.0.

I’m not sure yet what the sound issue is causing on my first project. The code for the sound is the same in both projects…I also figured out when I switch to WebView+ sounds are working also at the first project.

I’ll keep you posted.

I finally found my bug causing no sound to be played.
I had an abandoned code in my game setting audio to “silent” when advanced audio is not supported.
This caused that no sounds are be played.

Now it’s working fine in v2.1.0 and v2.2.0! So if you are still facing any sound problems, it might be a project setting or some wrong code.

Best,
Andy

Hello Andy,

I don’t understand what you mean. I use Construct 2 and I came here to see if there any solution to the audio problem with cocoon.

I’m like Samuel, having issues even with cocoon 2.1.0.

Then it’s probably a problem in your project.
Sounds are working fine for v2.1.0 and for v2.2.0.

I also had a bug in my code causing a “no sound” issue.
You can provide a test case and I’ll check it if you want me to.

Regards
Andy

Sorry but what’s a test case?

In my case the audio works fine when there’s only music, but when I add audio effects (like click a button or a sound that play every time you touch the screen) it works only for a few minutes. Then the audio (effects and music) disappears and no return.

I have read in the forum another people who has the same issue and I suppose the problem could be in the compilation.

A test case is a capx file where the issue comes up. So that someone from the cocoon devs can check and reproduce your issue.
With just the provided information it’s nearly impossible to say what’s causing your problem.

What I can say so far is, that it works fine in my both game project. Even after some playtime, the sound effects and click sounds are working fine.

Did you import the sound effects into the “sounds” folder and the ambient music in the “music” folder`? There is a diffrence how those files are handled in those folders.
While files in the “music” folder get streamed (no download needed), files in the “sound” folder get to be downloaded first. If you have huge files in the sound folder, this can take a while and lead to not playing the sounds at all.
Also make sure to set “preload sounds” to yes.

Regards
Andy

Answering your last paragraph, yes, the effect sounds are in “sounds” folder and music in “music” folder. And I have the “preload sounds” property in “yes”.

I have create a new capx which the problem it keeps being. It’s like a flappy bird. If you test it, you will have to be a bit patient xDD because it happens 2-5 minutes after, only if you are playing (and reproducing the sound constantly).

I have add 2 layouts. In first there is no sound, and stops the music (generally here is a “menu theme”), in the second is the “game”, with it’s “game music” example. In top right i put an icon which let you to the first layout. I did it like that because when the audio stops while playing, only stops the effects. Music continues playing. When that happens and you go back, the whole audio disappears, and if you return to the game, never comes back.

I have add the same plugins I have in my original project, and if it can help, my configuration is:

- For export (Cordova):
(Export options) minimize option unmarked
(Cordova options) Hide status bar, Uses media and “Android, any other platform” marked.
Supported OSS: Minimum iOS (8.0+), Minimum Android (5.0.(Lollipop)[Webview])

- For compile (Cocoon):
Settings window:
(Default) Webview engine: Canvas+, Orientation: Portrait, Fullscreen: Yes
(Android) Install Location: Auto

Plugins window:
Plugins installed: Nativeaudio, Native Share API, ADmob Native ADs for Android.

Here is the capx (I hope I have share it well):

Test version.zip (1.3 MB)

Hello Andy,

have you check my capx? I don’t wanto to seem impatient, but I want to solve this problem to publish the game.

Thak you.

The same problem with Canvas +. The sound disappears sounding exactly 256 times (I specifically thought of it). Changing the version to 2.1.0 at compilation alas did not help. With Webview, everything works, but the application behaves incorrectly on older phones (double tap, no sound). There are no lost events with damping and can not be, since the project is super simple (made especially for the test of this problem). In the project, the sound is simply played every 0.5 seconds.

Sorry for my English

it’s already 5 months after release for public, but still not fixed? :disappointed_relieved:

It’s strange because I have no problems with sounds. Either not on 2.2.0 and 2.1.0.
Can you provide a simple test case (Capx file)?

thank you!

having the same issue. I compiled last in Dec 2017 and everything was fine, rigorous testing of my game. I recently (May 2018) made a few minor updates, nothing to do with sound and now when I start the game the audio shuts off after about 2 minutes.

The other thing that I noticed is that it’s not even just silent. I have code that executes when certain audio is Finished. Victory sound. That code never executes. So it seems like there’s some issue with the Audio Object.

Used C2 r259 ->Cordova>CocoonIO>Android>Canvas+

EDIT: also this is related to another bug that existed in the past. That old audio bug would also shut off some audio and other audio would become mangled/distorted - it was strange! The work around was to add an Event that triggered silent audio Every 1 second. So this somehow seems related.

EDIT2: I changed to Cocoon 2.1.0 and the audio problem is fixed! so it’s a problem in 2.2.0

You saved my day!
I had the same problem and switching back to 2.1.0 solved the problem.
So it is obviously a problem with 2.2.0
Thank you!

Done with penetration testing and handling Sound is an internal problem with Cocoon ( only version 2.2.0 ). My lil game works fine with both, except sound is disappearing (around 10 - 60 seconds )
We can only wait until 2.2.1 comes out or use the stable 2.1.0 …

Please don’t igore this bug and face it + additionally inform us.
Thx