Cocoon is dead - HUGE disappoitment

Cocoon team is not replying via support ticket, email, nor the forum. We needed help urgently so we bought ~$800 gold subscription hoping for any contact (this plan claims to have better support according to the plans detail list). Literally, we paid $800 to get one email from them but nope… it’s been 2 weeks now. No reply.

If a company doesn’t talk even to the premium users then it’s a clear signal that it’s pretty much dead.

I’m sad to say that Ludei has the worst support I have ever experienced in my life and I consider using Cocoon.io as a deprecated, not maintained and dangerous system from now on.

HUGE disappointment

completely dead as I see it, if anyone can recommend a different service which does the same work I’ll be very glad to hear about it SAP.

well always thought that cocoon is a terrible service and used the Cordova CLI to build apps, its working fine if all is set up but Adobe Phongap is ok too. ( I generally prefer if I can do things locally )

Thanks I’ll check it, such a shame intel closed xdk… that’s what I used the last time cocoon stooped working

Sorry to hear about your situation. What went wrong with your compilation? Or are you having issues with the latest cocoon version?

phonegap is a good alternative

It’s been nearly a month now. No reply from Cocoon huh

they have updated the ads plugin but it does not work

wow. $800 and not even one reply.

We have our game on Google Play Store. It contains notifications, ads and in app purchases. It took a lot of effort to make these work, find workarounds and use hacks in game code, but is still doesn’t work as it should. There is also a lot of crashes in Google Play Console.

They state that Cocoon 3.0.0 will be in beta “during the first days”. It’s been a bit more than a month already, and still no word. If the beta worked at least, I could wait, but it doesn’t run on Canvas+, even if I compile plain HTML file (Cocoon splash error).

Can’t use 3.0.0-beta - crashes. Can’t use 2.2.0 - sound stops playing after few minutes. Can’t use 2.1.0 - slower than 2.2.0. Currently using 2.2.0 without music, just sounds. I think it’s alright to use for smaller projects, but not worth the effort for big ones.

I hope you will find solutions to your problems and/or get your money back.

Yup, i had the same experience. I had to announce that our game (Tower Smash), which is available at Play Store will no longer have updates or bug fixes for the time being. It was a huge upset both for players and especially for out team, however, without Cocoon support and the game crashes we had no choice but to move onto the next game.

I’d advise anyone to avoid using Cocoon altogether. You cannot depend on services that do not even reply to their premium customers. Good luck to everybody.

RIP Tower Smash

but this method is working, is not it?
preference name=“android-targetSdkVersion” value=“26”/>

yes it works, it just trick the googleplay sdk check, but not updated the whole sdk, absolutely we need the whole sdk to be updated.

yes even the construct 2 plugins should update because new ones do not work

Also a ‘gold’ subscriber here - I don’t use the service regularly, but when I do I need it to compile quickly without restrictions for client work so have been ‘ok’ with paying the cost for the last few years.

What a surprise to see that not only is everyone having the same compiling issue as me but also there has been no response for days (weeks? months?)

what the hell is going on over there?

If a company doesn’t talk even to the premium users then it’s a clear signal that it’s pretty much dead.
I’m sad to say that Ludei has the worst support I have ever experienced in my life and I consider using Cocoon.io as a deprecated, not maintained and dangerous system from now on.

Not being funny, and may seem extreme, but aren’t they liable for selling a broken service as a result of all of this? If you’ve paid $800 and the service you’ve bought is broken and you cannot get in contact with anyone from the company, surely that’s misleading a customer and is on the grounds of being illegal and you have the right to take action against them.

Again, it does seem extreme, but these issues are affect ALL users, paid and free ones, of which there are a lot of. Add the fact that this has been going on for months and there hasn’t been a single word from anyone on the team as to what the situation is, something has to be done about this.

That’s my take on this situation anyway.

I agree with you is something that affects the whole community of cocoon … they show you cocoon coem if it was the best there is, at least maybe it really was, but now it is not so and they have to say things as they are, and it’s not right that other people ignore all this maybe buy this product thinking it was valid but it is not so …

what is the cocoon funeral time anyone know

hi please help me