Error Code -103 when trying to install on Android

I installed the new developer App on Samsung Galaxy sIII it went smoothly.

But when I tried to install it on a Google Nexus S Android 4.1.2. (I know it’s old but it should work)

The Developer app downloaded but I get an error message
"Cocoon Developer App" can’t be installed. Try again and if the problem continues, get help troubleshooting. (Error Code: -103)

So I tried first to clear the the cache and data of the Google Play Store App and restarted the device. But unfortunately I still have the same error

Any clue on that one ?

0 Likes

Hello @ferrero_nicolas,

Thanks for the feedback. We are working on it.

0 Likes

Just attempted to install Developer App on my S4 Android 4.2.2 and get same error.

Is there a workaround?

0 Likes

We don’t manage to reproduce this error. :worried:

Do you have another DevApp installed (compiled in our cloud) or our old launcher for the old cloud?

Thanks.

0 Likes

Hi,

Same problem here, error 103 on both HTC one X (4.2.2) & Galaxy Tab 10.1 (4.1.2)… Are these devices too old ?
(the old cocoonJS used to work on these so I hope it’s not the problem…)

0 Likes

But do you have the old Launcher or another DevApp compiled in the cloud currently installed in your device?

0 Likes

C2runtime.JS cannot call method 'createbanner'

I uninstalled the old launcher on my HTC and still couldnt install the new one (error -103). I had nothing else apart my previoulsy released cocoonjs game (not a dev app, but signed & installed from google play).

I compiled yesterday a dev app and was surprised to find 2 icons of my game, and one seems to be a light version of cocoon launcher ?
It’s working so far…everything is even smoother :slight_smile: but I dont have any ads, is it because of that launcher ?

0 Likes

This is fixed already and about the ads check the log to see if there is any error.

Good luck!

0 Likes

I cannot install the Cocoon Developer App on Android. Same error message: error code:-103 This is on Android version 4.0.3 on HTC Sense 3.6. Googling on this error had posts about App/JDK signing on the older Android devices being unable to recognize SHA256 hash functions - maybe that’s a place to start.

0 Likes

It has something to do with the Signing Process. If JDK1.8 is used, to be precisely.
I already wrote @andoni.martin a message about this.

What you can do to avoid is, to uncheck the signing step in your project setttings and to manually sign your apk file with JDK1.6 and your key.

You find a guide here

Regards
Andy

0 Likes

I also can’t install Cocoon Developer App on Galaxy Ace IIe phone running 4.1.2. Error code is the same, -103. I had done a factory reset minutes ago. Any progress on fixing this?

I did try to install games made with Cocoon.io, no problem there.

EDIT: Oops sorry, I think I get it now. The idea is to manually sign a custom developper app compiled from cocoon.io’s cloud, using the method described by Andy?

0 Likes

You are right :slight_smile: Good success with your game projects.

Regards
Andy

0 Likes

Didn’t try to sign the developer app manualy yet, but the unsigned debug version installs and works fine :slight_smile:
Is there actually any reason to go all the way and sign it, if that app is just for testing?

0 Likes

Some services like the Google Play Games / InApp service do need a signed APK for testing :wink:
Otherwise no :wink:

0 Likes

I see, thanks! I actually just read about implementing Google Play Games Social and it all makes sense now.

1 Like