Phaser based game flickering after returning from lock screen

• Cocoon Version:
    latest (2.1.0?)

• Basic description of the problem:
    It does not happen on my test devices but users reported that they can’t continue playing their game after returning from the lock screen. When they return from the lock screen, there’s just a flickering image instead of the game.

• Device info:
    Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge (latest update)
    SONY Xperia L1 (latest update)

• Steps will reproduce the problem:

1. Go to lock screen
  2. Return
  • Expected result:
    I would expect to see the game without flickering as I see it on my testing devices.

• Error log

• Webview engine(s):

• Used plugins (if relevant):

• Framework/game engine (if relevant):

I received a video from the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge user, It showed a user going to lock screen from the game, then returning to game instantly. The display was split, left half was black, right half was flashing white.

I’ve also been able to reproduce the issue using Samsung Remote Lab. It didn’t flicker there, though. When I opened the app, went to lock screen and returned I got a black screen on the Samsung S6 Edge.

Everything works fine on devices like the LG Nexus 4.

Is there maybe anybody that has a WebView+ app that could test if the same behaviour happens on their Android test devices?

I did check the adb log but didn’t see anything in there that looked related to the app after the screen has been unlocked.

I recreated the project using Cordova 7.0.1 w/ crosswalk and the same plugins to check if it’s a cocoon error or a cordova error. The Cordova version didn’t crash after lock screen, only the Cocoon version did.

After testing the cordova version thoroughly, we weren’t able to see any performance losses compared to the Cocoon WebView+ version. The experience was the same, just with less bugs thus we’ll stick with Cordova+XWalk instead of Cocoon for the Android version.

We also received reports of no audio playing back on certain android devices, the Cordova version had sound for those users.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.