System Save, Load and local storage do not work after compile with Cocoon.io to iOS (webview mode)

Hi @imanolm1

I can confirm that it is working with cocoon v2.1.0. Haven’t tested it with 2.0.0 yet.
Is there an ETA for the new cocoon version?

Regards
Andy

Hi @andy_reitberger

2.1.0 has already been set as the latest release version so it should be working fine with that one.

Local storage is still not working for me (webview+).
Is there a way to fix it?
Thanks.

I tested 2.1.0 last night on ios. no data was saved through local storage. It’s still an issue

Yep it is, I switched to using Cordova file api, and only local storage when on desktop/web. :frowning:
Still not as bad as the fact that you can’t submit to the app store now… missing permissions etc… another week for me with no submit to Apple for review :frowning:

@john2 what permissions are you missing? i was having an issue with that so i created a plugin to add the missing permissions.

I’m not sure why it worked a few builds ago, but for me also no data will be saved while using WebView+ and 2.1.0.

@imanolm1 I just switched to Canvas+ till the bug is fixed. But the file size has doubled.

WebView+: 9 MB
Canvas+: 17 MB

Could it be that something is missing in WebView+? Or does it use the device WebView?
I checked the docs and there it says it’s using WKWebView, but I disabled this in Contruct 2.
Or do I need to install the “WKWebView” plugin?

Edit:
Ok the Canvas+ build gets rejected with following message.

We have discovered one or more issues with your recent delivery for “Fluffy Bounce - An unicorn tale”. To process your delivery, the following issues must be corrected:

Missing Info.plist key - This app attempts to access privacy-sensitive data without a usage description. The app’s Info.plist must contain an NSCameraUsageDescription key with a string value explaining to the user how the app uses this data.

Thank you!

Regards
Andy

This problem should be fixed now. Compile your project again. You will be able to upload it.

Sorry for the inconveniences.

Hi @Blue_Sialia

I tried it again, but the error remains. Got this message from Apple.

Missing Info.plist key - This app attempts to access privacy-sensitive data without a usage description. The app’s Info.plist must contain an NSCameraUsageDescription key with a string value explaining to the user how the app uses this data.

Hi @andy, this issue has been fixed and it should be ready now in 2.1.0. Otherwise let us know.

Great news, I’ll give it a try. Are you able to reproduce the issue with LocalStorage now?
It isn’t working on my end again.

Thank you!

Has this been resolved in 2.1.0?

localStorage not working in Webview+ on iOS Developer App
[SOLVED] Show Interstitial once every X times

The last time I tried it the issue was still there (in 2.1.0).
I’m also waiting for this fix…

@imanolm1 were you able to reproduce the issue on your end?

Regards
Andy

Issue is still present. Game looses local storage data after closing the app.
Any eta for a fix?

@andy_reitberger @Blue_Sialia @imanolm1

I have just come up against this same problem. LocalStorage data is lost after closing the game (iOS, Webview+, Cocoon version set to ‘latest’, so should be 2.1.0).

This a major problem, I am unable to publish an update to my game until I figure this out.

Can I ask other people who posted in this thread, were you able to resolve this? If so can I ask what you did?
@j.c.durf @KENYONB @karlykhanov.s @sergey

Thanks

The only way I found to compile with Canvas+. It is slower but if the game is simple works more than OK!

Same as I did. @Blue_Sialia @imanolm1 any chance for a fix?

Regards
Andy

Ok this is pretty bad. I’ve spent a considerable amount of time migrating my game from XDK to Cocoon only to discover this problem with localstorage. This is a deal breaker. If localstorage doesnt work with Webview+ then I can’t use Cocoon to publish my game to iOS…

And changing to Canvas+ isn’t a viable option for me because I don’t get great performance with Canvas+.

The only thing you can try is to select cocoon version 2.0.0 and check if local storage is working then.
I made the expierences that Canvas+ has the better performance.

I hope ludei can fix this problem.

Regards
Andy