Webview plugin broken since update started

I’ve been using Webview+ without problems, until yesterday that is.

Now it won’t work under any configuration, and I get error messages of:
A problem occurred evaluating root project ‘android’. > Could not find method implementation() for arguments [org.xwalk:xwalk_core_library:23+] on object of type org.gradle.api.internal.artifacts.dsl.dependencies.DefaultDependencyHandler.

This is the case no matter which version of the compiler I choose.
I have read in other Construct forums that it might be down to a connection issue between the compiler and the server.

Who else is having this issue, or similar?

Same problem here… and I really need to get the new updates in my projects… the worst time for this to happen :anguished:

i have problem with no play sound, because permission media not install in app after build. Did you also have this problem?

Hi Ghost,

Just to let you know, I’m successfully compiling both Webview and Webview+ builds in Android.

There are probably a few more plugins broken that they’ve yet to fix, but it looks like they’re working on it anyway.

Still can not compile :sweat:

I have some users reporting issues with my APP after the update. I also use Webview and everything was working fine before.

I’m having the exact same problem. Everything was working fine, but not today!

• What went wrong:
    A problem occurred evaluating root project ‘android’.

Could not find method implementation() for arguments [org.xwalk:xwalk_core_library:23+] on object of type org.gradle.api.internal.artifacts.dsl.dependencies.DefaultDependencyHandler.

Same problem here,

By using the identical Construct 2 Projekt, compililing Webview or Canvas+, all wents without problems, By using Webview+ the compilation failed.

It’s still staying the same thing today. Same problem.

Can someone at Cocoon, please, tell us what’s going on?

When can we expect the update/fix?

Mesmo problema. Ainda sem solução?

It’s any body at @cocoon going to help us out?

I’m sure @Blue_Sialia is aware of this and Ludei is currently working on a fix. Please, always keep in mind that Ludei is an office, they mostly work from Monday, till Friday. I guess we will get feedback next week :wink:

Best
Andy

Thanks, @andy_reitberger . Do you think @Blue_Sialia will also be looking into the iOS Webview+ black screen problem, because that’s also a HUGE problem, that we still haven’t heard any word about:(

I am grateful that Cocoon has provided such a great solution for us so far, but the absence of communication on their part is not only frustrating, but also leaves us completely on the dark even regarding if they actually acknowledge these issues. Anyway, here is my Compile error in case anyone has some advice:

COMPILER ERROR:

Cannot read property ‘fail’ of undefined

CORDOVA LOG:

e[36m20180828T132932 [DEBUG] AndroidBuilder -e[39m [prepare] cordova restore platforms
e[36m20180828T132932 [DEBUG] AndroidBuilder -e[39m [prepare] adding engine android@7.1.1
e[36m20180828T132954 [DEBUG] AndroidBuilder -e[39m [prepare] cordova restore plugins
e[36m20180828T132954 [DEBUG] AndroidBuilder -e[39m [prepare] adding plugin cocoon-plugin-ads-android-admob@1.0.12
e[36m20180828T132954 [DEBUG] AndroidBuilder -e[39m [prepare] adding plugin cocoon-plugin-social-android-googleplaygames@*
e[36m20180828T132954 [DEBUG] AndroidBuilder -e[39m [prepare] adding plugin cocoon-plugin-application-android@*
e[36m20180828T132954 [DEBUG] AndroidBuilder -e[39m [prepare] adding plugin https://github.com/CocoonIO/cocoon-plugin-android-architecture.git
e[91m20180828T132954 [ERROR] AndroidBuilder -e[39m TypeError: Cannot read property ‘fail’ of undefined
at /opt/cocoon_compiler/workspace/production/data/libs/cordova-lib@8.0.0/node_modules/cordova-lib/src/plugman/fetch.js:168:18
at _fulfilled (/opt/cocoon_compiler/workspace/production/data/libs/cordova-lib@8.0.0/node_modules/q/q.js:787:54)
at /opt/cocoon_compiler/workspace/production/data/libs/cordova-lib@8.0.0/node_modules/q/q.js:816:30
at Promise.promise.promiseDispatch (/opt/cocoon_compiler/workspace/production/data/libs/cordova-lib@8.0.0/node_modules/q/q.js:749:13)
at /opt/cocoon_compiler/workspace/production/data/libs/cordova-lib@8.0.0/node_modules/q/q.js:509:49
at flush (/opt/cocoon_compiler/workspace/production/data/libs/cordova-lib@8.0.0/node_modules/q/q.js:108:17)
at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:61:11)
e[91m20180828T132954 [ERROR] AndroidBuilder -e[39m BuilderError {
msgPublic: ‘Cannot read property ‘fail’ of undefined’

I feel you. I literally can’t work, at all now… We can’t use webview+ for iOS, or for Android! 3 days later, and still, no word from cocoon staff. Are there any alternatives besides phonegap?

… and STILL no reply.

@andy_reitberger, are these guys at @cocoon serious? At this point, it’s as if they’re purposefully ignoring us… How many people does cocoon have working as programmers… one?! I don’t get. Why is this simple Android fix taking so long. As for the iOS webview+ fix, I’ve waiting for that for almost four months now. It’s completely ridiculous.

What kind of company are you guys running? If you guys don’t have a clear answer for us by tomorrow morning, I’m permanently done with cocoon. Too many bugs. Not worth the headaches…

Does this company even care about customer service anymore, lol? How can you guys ever expect to compete with phonegap, when you treat your own customers like this? You’ve been keeping us in the dark for a while now; and you won’t even respond to our basic questions – as if you simply don’t care. FOR MANY OF US, MAKING APPS, IS OUR JOB (IT’S NOT JUST A HOBBY) – WE ARE SERIOUSLY BEING AFFECTED HERE, YOU KNOW? All I can say is, this is quite a strange and odd way to run a company… Why ignore, and alienate your own base/community?

Agree with @sbstn

@Blue_Sialia Please understand that our disappointment is not as much for the “delay in update” but rather for the lack of communication! We need to know whether should we give up on Cocoon, or wait for N number of months?

Plus, I still don’t understand why was the 2.1.0 version affected when you’re working on the so-called Beta 3.0.0 ? As a programmer myself, it doesn’t make any sense to me!

@andy_reitberger C’mon, we know you have some information about it, can you please respond?

so … it’s an assumption but … I think they updated cordova-android@7.1.1 in all versions of cocoon (maybe)… as the crosswalk was deprecated and has no support for the new cordoba structure… that broke all the webview+ … maybe… and plugins… :roll_eyes:
Also the most annoying thing is that nobody commented anything (@Blue_Sialia)…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.